Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ever Wonder What Happens in a Dull Place During a Snowstorm?





 Nothing.  That's what.

We woke to a blizzard, the blowing snow, the howling winds, the flickering lights, the sobbing coming from all the houses of all the women whose children do not have school today.  It's the kind of weather that makes you want to learn how to use the video on your cell phone, or maybe watch you tube offerings like a 1973 movie about bored suburban women who decide to become witches.

I mean, really.  Can you believe the fashions then?  Young men wearing blouses that look strangely similar to the wallpaper designs of all the rooms I've ever had, and low rise jeans and David Cassidy/Partridge Family hair styles, and middle aged woman drinking martinis in the afternoon and trying pot for the first time.  And giggling.  Lots of giggling.  That's probably the one thing missing in our current world. Yeah, drugs that prompt giggling.  Now all we have are the ones that promise to make us normal.  How much does that suck?  No wonder I look forward to nap time.  Back in the day, drugs made us more fun, and now drugs beat the last bit of life out of our fun parts so that we can all be hopelessly sane enough to pay our taxes.

Ah. the good old days. I'm so glad it was captured on film.  Blue eyeshadow though?   I can live without that.

So, some people think that Winter storms are exciting. I knew someone like that once, married him and realized that people who love Winter storms are just like him, just not right and not very good in bed.   I do not get excited by storms as I am not a redneck snowmobile riding hick find it's during these snowdays that people become overly bored, hence about an hour ago my sister sent me a photo of her sofa, with a small quilt that used to be mine draped over the back.  I'm not sure why. Maybe it was a random act of kindness or simply a cry for help.  If so, she's shit out of luck. I have my own problems, man.

One observation I made this morning happened before ten o'clock, and the observation allowed me to come to this conclusion:   Bad weather doesn't change the routines of the Very Routined.  At exactly 8:00 am, a man came out of his house and closed the door, , opened the car door and put the dog in the car, then closed the car door, a routine which, I heard from a very reliable source, he performs every day, despite rain, snow, earthquake,  apocalypse, or the near-miss-threat of an asteroid.  And this performance happens at exactly the same time every day. 

I can't really comment on that, since I too have my routines and a little wind and snow didn't keep me from them. This morning, for instance,  despite the weather,  I swore at the fire at exactly 7:32 and poured a cup of coffee at 7:45. I swore at the fire again at 8:14, and refilled my cup, keeping one eye on the fire and threatening it with extinction.  Then I made some eggs, and put 2 slices of bread in the toaster.

Anyway, It doesn't get more exciting than that my friends.  At least not in Small Town in the middle of a blizzard. So I'm sorry I have nothing more exciting to report, but I thought I'd pop in so that you didn't worry about me. Which is something someone really ought to do, afterall. 

Back soon with more excitement.

Princess S

3 comments:

  1. Is that a photo of Audrey Hepburn? That takes me back to "Moon River," which would be a great show to watch in a blizzard. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! But I did notice the resemblance ! Going to check my movie guide!

      Delete
  2. Oops, the movie is called, "Breakfast at Tiffany's." A real charmer.

    ReplyDelete

Please attach soul and sign in blood. Thank you, The Management