Friday, March 6, 2009

I Made Brownies!!!!

Updated!!
Best Ever Really Awful Bourbon Brownies


Bourbon is the hallmark ingredient in this Southern-style favorite, but if you prefer not to cook with alcohol simply omit the bourbon-drizzling step and bake boring old brownies and remain an unadventurous cook your whole life long until you die all alone and are eaten by your cats who despite the fact they are starving, spit you out because you are what you eat and you are completely tasteless and extremely dull.

Ingredients
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 - 3 tbsp. bourbon
3 tbsp. butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 to 3 tsp. milk
1 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted

Directions
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease an 8X8X2 inch baking pan. In a saucepan, combine granulated sugar, 1/3 cup butter, and 2 tablespoons water. Cook and stir just until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate pieces until melted. Stir in eggs and vanilla just until combined. Stir in flour, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread batter in prepared pan.

Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are set and begin to pull away from sides of pan. Using a fork, prick the warm brownies several times. Drizzle bourbon evenly over brownies: cool in pan on a wire rack.

For frosting: Beat 3 tbsp. butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed 30 seconds. Slowly beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat in enough milk to make frosting easy to spread. Spread over brownies: drizzle with melted chocolate.
Updated: When I wrote "best ever" I was referring to the times I had enjoyed these brownies at work when a coworker brought them in for us to enjoy. I would enjoy one (or 2) of these with my coffee and get such a caffeine rush I accomplished three day's work in an hour.
The "best ever" part didn't quite happen, however, when I made these brownies myself. In fact, I think that they were probably the worst brownies I ever had in my life even with the bourbon or maybe because of it, I don't know.
My point is, do not attempt this recipe. It's a complete waste of some very nice bourbon. Do yourself a favor and try this recipe instead.
Best Ever Bourbon on the Rocks
Ingredients
double shot of Bourbon (preferably Scapa my new fav ) Ok Scapa is not bourbon, it's scotch, but whatever. It's good. Trust me.
2 ice cubes
Recipe
Pour bourbon into a "on the rocks" glass. Add ice cubes. Sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please attach soul and sign in blood. Thank you, The Management