There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Think That Guy Stole My Shen!

For the record, I am no longer going to talk at length about my girly issues because I don't want to be that blog about menopause, so having been recently inspired by the book on Chinese Medicine I'm reading, when "those days" roll around I will just state for the record that my "shen have flown the coop."

I am in the process as we speak of tempting them back with bits of breadcrumbs and worms and such, so things should be back to "normal" any day now. Meanwhile I am attempting absolutely no frustrating technological things and I am avoiding trying to untangle anything (cords, shoelaces, wires, etc.) I am not getting on the scale or checking the calorie content of my food. Yes, Fuck Menopause, indeed. Here Shen, Here Shenny Shen Shen!

Meanwhile, I am taking advantage of my lack of shen by filling the spot where they used to be with creativity in the form of writing. I decided to try my hand at songwriting, mostly because a live-in musician comes in very handy while engaging in these kinds of pursuits - as many of you, but not all of you know, a good music producer can make turn water into wine, or perhaps in some cases, poop into gold. whatever.

Now, on a totally unrelated note but of interest to those of you who like to keep up with the latest trends, during our last visit with Dave's kids, his son let us in on a fun, relatively harmless activity called "That Guy." This, from Urban Dictionary is a definition of the term "That Guy" used in this particular context:

That Guy refers to a person who appears in the background of a photograph often without the consent or knowledge of the photographer of subjects of the picture. That guy often takes the focus of the photo off the intended subject. That guy is often seen making a funny face or rude gesture, commonly a blowjob gesture. There is a category on college humor.com of That Guy pictures.
"I took a picture of my friends at the beach but That Guy is right in the middle of it.

So, here is a picture of Dave doing his best That Guy Face. I think it's funny, but you know, I'm a bit immature.

During the kids' visit, we took them out to dinner and while the family across from us was taking picture after picture (said pictures, unfortunately all included the family matriarch who, quite frankly looked like Gary Oldman in Bram Stoker's Dracula, and I'm not talking about the totally cool young Dracula, with the great top hat and awesome blue sunglasses, but the old Dracula with that ridiculous white wig - only hers wasn't a wig and it was shoe-polish black.) During this photo shoot, Dave's son, yes, chip off the old block as they say, was doin' da That Guy Ting all over da place.

It was awesome.

Ok, so it's obvious that I don't have a particular subject for this blog entry and I am more or less, rambling I will do you all a favor and shut the fuck up now.

Enjoy your day.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't matter, it took my mind off menopause. And the fact that you say you poop gold but I'm pretty sure the rules say only one person can and I already called it (so what if I didn't put it in writing, I'm sure someone in that bar heard me say it) so I think you must have gold mistaken for bronze. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes. Especially in the dark.

    Signed,
    Happy to be #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I believe you even though you have no written proof because that's how I roll with my followers. Besides, 2 menopausal women can't have a fight or else the universe will end.

    I'm sure my poop is nothing more than authentic 18K "gold plate" and I'm happy with that. I don't need much to make me happy. Or proud. Obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd be happy with gold plate actually. Real gold would be awfully heavy and as we know, menopausal women can do without that extra tonnage. Plus I wonder what it would do to those fancy schmancy detectors at the airport and court houses. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "that guy" is also referred to as "background check," as in, you should check what's in the background of your photos...!

    i have a friend who specializes in this. it's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Please attach soul and sign in blood. Thank you, The Management